Early Childhood Employment Registry
Looking for a quick and easy way to find work in the early learning and child care sector?
This registry is a Peterborough child care community initiative. The goal of the registry is to increase the number of available substitute educators to replace staff working in child care programs. Substitutes can register with the ECER and then choose the child care centres they wish to work for. Most child care programs recruit permanent staff through their substitute educator list. As a substitute educator you can choose locations you are willing to travel to and when you are available to work.
This registry provides substitute educator support to the child care centres and agencies that choose to participate in this initiative.
Inquire about joining our substitute educator registry today.
Benefits of Registration
- A Single registration process
- Quickly connect to child care centres in the city and county of Peterborough
- Set your own work schedule
- User friendly
- Work in a variety of settings
If you wish to register with the ECER, you will need to one of the 4 agencies listed below:
Trent Child Care – 705 748 1096 ext. 2
Northview DaySchool – 705 748 4626
Sunshine Day Care – 705 748 3650
Compass Early Learning and Care – 705 749 3488
or contact Children’s Services at the City of Peterborough – 705 748 8830 ext. 3496
When registering, you will be asked to bring the following documents to the centre:
- Your latest Criminal Reference Check (Criminal Reference Check Letter of Request)
- Proof of Valid First Aid/CPR (optional)
- Proof of Immunization including TB test results
- Record of Qualification and Experience
- Proof of membership to the College of Early Childhood Educators (not required to register)
Employers: For help guides on setting up report notifications and setting absences, click here.
Contact us with your questions